Housing Pathways

Welcome to Housing Pathways

Housing Pathways is a simple, easy to use and fair way to apply for housing assistance in NSW.

Under Housing Pathways, you can apply for public housing, Aboriginal housing and community housing. You can also apply for private rental assistance or for a transfer if you already live in social housing.

New FACS public website

FACS is building a new public website which will include all the information about housing assistance currently on this site. Help us make it better. Find out more.

We're making it easier to apply for housing assistance

You can now apply for housing assistance online - anytime and from anywhere.

You can also apply over the phone. Just call 1800 422 322 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Your application will be assessed in the same way no matter where you apply.

When you apply, you’ll be asked a series of questions so that we can assess your situation and your needs. We’ll also ask for your Medicare and Centrelink numbers so that we can confirm your identity easily, which will help speed up your application. Please have this information ready when you call.

If you are eligible for social housing, you will be listed on a single state-wide waiting list.

New online application process for rental bond loans

Clients can now apply for their rental bond loan online which replaces five different paper forms and removes the need for clients to wait in line at their local office.

iPads improving the client experience for housing tenants

FACS is using technology to improve how we interact with clients by simplifying our systems and processes.

Management Transfers Industry Soundings

Three Industry Sounding Forums have been organised to communicate and discuss the government’s strategic intent and expectations of the Social Housing Management Transfers program.

IPART review of social and affordable housing rent models

The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) has started their review of social and affordable housing rental models with the release of a discussion paper that sets out some issues for feedback.