- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Housing Applications Online Help
We have designed the housing application form to be as easy to complete as possible, but help is available throughout the form, guiding you through the steps and answers. If you need more help with specific parts of the form, we have created some guides below to assist you.
Register to get started
You need to register before you can commence the form. When you successfully register, we will send you an email containing your Form ID, which you can use to return and complete the form later.
- 1 When you save your form, you can return and complete it anytime within 30 days
- 2 Have at least 1 of these documents
- 3 Roll your mouse over the to view specific help
- 4 Helpful advice and instructions (in blue text) are also available throughout the form
- 5 Follow these password rules
- 6 Read and agree to the terms and conditions, and agree to be contacted electronically
This section allows us to verify your identity electronically, avoiding the need to bring them into us. You will need your Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Australian Drivers Licence.
- 7 Click ‘Yes’ to consent for FACS to check your identification electronically. If you don’t, you’ll need to bring these documents into a FACS office.
- 8 When choosing a form of identification the correct details box will appear.
You can upload supporting documents from your computer, phone, or tablet. These can be electronic files, scanned documents or photos of your documents. When uploading documents, please make sure you include all relevant pages and that all identifying information is visible in the document.
- 9 When adding a document as evidence, select supporting document from the drop down list
- 10 Click add evidence document
- 11 Click ‘Upload File’ and select a supporting document from your folder.
- 12 Select the document type from the drop down menu
Save for Later and Continue
You can save your application form at any time and come back to finish it later. You’ll have 30 days from the time you register, and you can log back in using your Form ID and password. The Form ID can be found on top of each page of the form, and in the emails we sent you.
- 13 Make a note of your Form ID. You will need it to get back into your form if you save it for later
- 14 ‘Save for later’ allows you to come back to complete your form anytime over the next 30 days
Forgot my Form ID
If you’ve forgotten your Form ID, don’t worry – we can email it to you again. Just follow the steps below.
- 15 If you forget your Form ID when signing back into your form click here to have it sent to your email.
- 16 Enter your email address
- 17 and click “Send Form ID”
- 18 You wiil be sent an email with your form ID so check your email.
- 19 Click on link to take you back to the sign in page.
- 20 You can now sign back into your form to complete it.
Forgot my Password
If you’ve forgotten your password, just follow the steps below to reset it.
- 21 If you forget your password you can reset it. Click on ‘Forgot Password’
- 22 Enter your form ID and email address. An email will be sent to you
- 23 Click on the link in your email to take you to the change password page
- 24 After changing your password you can sign back into your form
Review and Submit
You can review any section of the online form before you submit. There is an edit option at the top of each section. Please ensure you include all of your supporting documents before you submit the form.
- 25 To edit your form, click on the Edit link at each step
- 26 To edit your form, click on the Edit link at each step (Step 2 Additional Persons)
- 27 To edit your form, click on the Edit link at each step (Step 3 Our Circumstances)
- 28 When you have complete your form, click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the screen
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s a new way to apply for housing assistance using the internet. You can submit your application in your own time at a place that suits you.
Surveyed clients have asked for more ways to access our services. Until recently, clients had to call or visit a local Housing Pathways office to apply for housing assistance. The online form gives a new and convenient option for you.
You need an email address, Centrelink number or income statement, and at least one of the following; Medicare card, Drivers Licence or Passport. You may also need other documents to support your application, e.g. medical certificates.
Yes. You can access the form with most internet connected smartphones or tablets. There are self-service kiosks at certain FACS Housing offices which have computers and free Wi-Fi. Many public libraries also have computers and free Wi-Fi.
Applying online is fast and easy, and you can do it from most internet connected devices at any time. But if you would prefer to give us your details over the phone you can call 1800 422 322 between the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or visit your local Housing Pathways office for assistance.
Yes, the process is easy. And there are instructions and help throughout the form to guide you. Remember, you can also save and exit and come back to the form at another time. If you get stuck you can call 1800 422 322.
You can call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322 for help with any part of the online form. And you can visit your local Housing Pathways office and speak to a member of our staff.
We take the security and privacy of your information very seriously. Here are some easy ways you can keep safe online:
- Always log off or close down your internet browser when you have finished
- Keep your passwords safe
- Be careful when using public or shared computers when you do your secure online business
The Housing Application online form is available through the Housing Pathways website; www.housingpathways.nsw.gov.au
We will get back to you within 2 business days using the contact details you provided (usually phone or email). We will either let you know the outcome of your application, we may need more information from you, or we may make you an appointment for an interview at an office.
The SMS notification is a friendly reminder that you still need to complete your online housing application form within 30 Days. Until you finish completing the form and pressing submit it cannot be processed. To protect your information and ensure it is current, if you leave your application for longer than 30 days it will be deleted.