Housing Pathways

Are you homeless?

We can help you if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.


Link2home is the new, statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service.

It brings together several homelessness telephone services including the Homeless Persons Information Centre (HPIC), Youth Connect and the After Hours Temporary Accommodation (TA) line.

For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home on 1800 152 152.

Link2home is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.

Between the hours of 10 at night and 9 in the morning, Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer people to emergency services if required. Referral to accommodation and support services will not be possible during these hours.

Callers to Link2home will receive one or more of the following:

Link2home also provides information about homelessness services across NSW to SHS providers and homelessness advocates acting on behalf of clients.

Emergency Help

Emergency temporary accommodation

Housing NSW provides emergency temporary accommodation in low-cost hotels, motels, caravan parks and similar accommodation for people who are or homeless or experience a housing crisis. For further information please contact your local Housing NSW office for more information.

Contact your local housing provider

You can contact your nearest Housing Pathways participating housing provider for housing advice and assistance. They can also help you to apply for longer term housing.

Deaf, hearing impaired and speech impaired access

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:

  • TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1800 422 322
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 422 322
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 422 322

Help for Indigenous Australians

Call 1800 727 555 (freecall) or visit the NSW Aboriginal Housing Office at www.aho.nsw.gov.au

Interpreting Services

If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.

Ask Izzy 

Ask Izzy is available to help people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness find shelter, food, health and other critical support services.

If you are homeless, at risk of homelessness or you need to find services on behalf of someone else, visit askizzy.org.au to start searching today.

Service providers can also find out more about AskIzzy, on the Infoxchange website.