Housing Pathways

Private Rental Assistance Application Forms

You can apply for most Private Rental Assistance products in two ways.

Firstly, you can apply for all types of housing assistance, including help to set up a tenancy in the private rental market, using an Application for Housing Assistance form. Your social housing provider will assess your application and suggest suitable products that match your housing need. For more information, visit the Application form overview.

Second, if you have found an affordable property to rent in the private market and want assistance with bond, you can complete an Application for Rentstart Bond Loan. This includes assistance with advance rent for accommodation where a deposit is required but there is no requirement for a bond to be lodged with the Rental Bond Board.

You can easily apply online:

(Note: The Rentstart Bond Loan online form is for the following forms only: Part A - Application for Rentstart Bond Loan, Part B - Additional Person, Part C - Property Information, Part D - Income from Employment and Part E - Rentstart Bond Loan Agreement and Authority for Bond Loan Deduction)

To fill the Application for Rentstart Bond Loan form below:

  • read each question carefully
  • answer all the questions
  • provide documents that support your application

Fax the completed application form to Housing NSW on 1300 722 404 or scan and email a signed copy to rentstart@facs.nsw.gov.au. You will need to read the terms and conditions of the Bond Loan, which are available as Part E of the application form below.